E-Commerce professionals most often think of texts when they hear the term “content”. However, content marketing involves the use of various means of information transfer, not limited to articles and reviews. For example, visual content has already become one of the most effective tools for online business promotion. It increases audience engagement with your brand, and also encourages users to share information about your company with each other.
How to use visual content to promote a business? Check out five ideas that will increase the effectiveness of your texts in particular and the marketing strategy in general.
According to the old adage, one picture is worth a thousand words. Psychologist Albert Mehrabian confirms this with statistics - 93% of communications are non-verbal in the opinion of this specialist. And researchers at 3M Corporation found that a person perceives visual information 60,000 times faster than text. No, you did not understand. Stop for a second and take a closer look: the person perceives visual information. sixty thousand times fasterthan the text.
Well, obviously, you need to use photos to improve the effectiveness of content marketing strategy. Professional art photos and simple screenshots of web pages will make your articles and reviews more attractive.
The following tips will help you work with photos:
- Do not spare money for professional high-quality images. Start redeeming them on photobanks.
- Use relevant photos that illustrate your text.
- Avoid too bright photos that can distract the reader from the point.
- Do not be afraid to insert images into the text, but do it correctly (more here and here).
- Be sure to use the alt attribute, which helps search engines recognize photos. It is also necessary for visitors to your site using mobile gadgets or disabling the display of pictures in the browser.
- Use photo captions.
Video content will certainly play an increasing role on the Internet. Video content has obvious advantages over other types of content. It enhances the user's involvement in the interaction with the page and increases the session length, which has a positive effect on ranking behavioral factors, and due to this, the visibility of the site in search engines is improved. But there is another obvious plus. For e-retailers, video content is the most effective way to showcase your product; accordingly, video content directly affects conversion!
Video content allows you to quickly connect with your audience and make your marketing messages easier to understand. This is especially true for “How to” content and video tutorials that demonstrate your high qualification to users.
The video successfully attracts the attention of site visitors and engages viewers in interaction with your business. Also, videos allow the brand to emphasize its exclusivity and non-triviality against the background of companies using standard advertising.
Publish question-answer videos, interviews, animations, stories that demonstrate your professionalism and personality. If you sell products, create a video review of your products.
An example of a video review from the Euroset YouTube channel
- Use only those types of video content that really increase the effectiveness of promoting your business. As noted above, post product presentations, video tutorials, and interviews.
- Emphasize the nontriviality of your brand with the help of videos.
- Feel free to invest in the creation of professional video. Content must be of high quality, and video is no exception to this rule.
- Be sure to use short text descriptions when posting video content on YouTube or other sites. This will allow search engine users to quickly find your content.
Slideshows created using PowerPoint and other similar programs have long been considered content that is suitable exclusively for offline presentations. Feel free to use slides to educate, inform, and interact with your customers on websites and social networks. This type of content has been transformed from highly specialized to universal today.
Use the following tips to make your slideshow more effective in promoting your business:
- Pay close attention to slide design. Entrust the creation of the presentation to the professionals or become a professional yourself!
- Be consistent - use a single corporate style, the same font size and color schemes.
- Keep the borders between images and text on slides.
- If you use graphics, make sure that they are easily perceived in combination with other elements of the slide.
- Do not overload slides with text, do not use small print.
- Check the texts so as not to blush because of spelling and punctuation errors.
- Be sure to use visual elements when creating slides. This increases the effectiveness of presentations.
According to EDG Enterprise, the demand for infographics in B2B marketing is growing at the highest rates among all types of content. It is an example of a successful combination of text and visual elements, which we have already written about. Infographics enlivens dry statistics and allows them to be surrounded by context, which facilitates the perception of information. In addition, materials of this type are great for distribution in social networks.
Remember the following tips:
- When creating infographics, use images to help the audience visualize the data presented.
- Remember, an infographic without images is no longer an infographic.
- Tables, graphs and charts remain good examples of infographic materials. However, do not limit yourself to these media.
- When creating an infographic, forget about the curl-type font. Use images that enhance the visual appeal of your materials.
- Be original. There is nothing worse than copying someone else's style, your infographics should be unique.
The term meme is commonly used to describe information that has the potential of repeated — often spontaneous — copying. Memes are repeatedly reproduced in social networks, on the Internet as a whole and in the offline environment. Content marketers use memes for the viral dissemination of any data.
An Internet meme can be photos, pictures, phrases, videos, and other types of content. Captain Obvious and Chuck Norris, who is "so harsh", are examples of famous memes.
Photographs of McDonald's visitors dancing a jig with a Shamrock Shakes cocktail in their hands are an example of a meme used for promotional purposes. McDonald's marketers "infected" customers with the idea of taking such photos and posting them on Twitter with the #Shamrocking hashtag.
Memes are mostly spontaneous. But often marketers specializing in guerrilla marketing and viral video create memes, skillfully imitating the natural nature of the meme. Yes, it is extremely difficult to create a successful meme. But if it succeeds, then you will truly break the bank. When others spend millions on reaching the audience and getting in touch with a potential audience, you will get the widest possible reach. People themselves will distribute your meme, of their own accord. Unless, of course, they like it.
How to use memes to promote your brand?
- Create memes that are close and understandable to your target audience.
- Popularize memes through contests and competitions, do not forget about the prizes for active participants.
- Use social channels to spread memes.
- Carefully weigh the risks. Incorrect use of memes can damage your brand. For example, your attempts to create an Internet meme may offend someone or make the audience look stupid.
The role of visual content will grow in the near future. However, remember that most successful marketing strategies are comprehensive. Use different types of content to promote your online business.